17th and 18th Century Style
With royal palaces at Hampton, Richmond and Kew; Richmond has been a most desirable place to live and prestigious houses have been built over the centuries. Highlights include :
- The famous view from Richmond Hill.
- Isabella Plantation with spectacular displays of rhododendrons etc.
- Strawberry Hill (1750) the “plaything house” of Horace Walpole , novelist, politician aesthete and gossip.
- The Orleans House gallery with the delightful Octagon (1720)
- Marble Hill House , a perfect Palladian villa built in 1724 for the Countess of Suffolk.